Ky M. Kobayashi, MD
Dr. Kobayashi is a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon specializing in conditions affecting the hand and upper extremities. He has a Certificate of Added Qualification in Surgery of the Hand and Sports Medicine. Dr. Kobayashi specializes in hand, wrist, elbow, and shoulder surgery including microvascular surgery, arthroscopy, traumatic reconstruction, and joint replacement.
Dr. Kobayashi is a distinguished graduate from the US Air Force Academy and the University of Colorado School of Medicine. He completed his orthopaedic residency at the University of Connecticut as well as a fellowship in hand and upper extremity surgery at Tufts Combined Hand Fellowship in Boston, MA. Dr. Kobayashi retired from the United States Air Force in 2014 with many decorations after several deployments to combat zones. He has extensive experience in combat casualty care and reconstruction. He has been staff and assistant program director for the Wilford Hall Air Force Orthopaedic Residency Program in San Antonio, TX. He is actively involved in research and education and is an Assistant Professor of Surgery at the Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences in Bethesda, MD. Dr. Kobayashi was elected to serve on the Board of Specialties for the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons as well as the Society of Military Orthopaedic Surgeons for education. He has been team physician for the Air Force Academy Division I sports programs and currently a consultant for the Olympic Training Center.
- BS: United States Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, CO
MD: University of Colorado, Denver, CO
Residency: Orthopedic Surgery Residency, University of Connecticut, Farmington, CT
Fellowship: Tufts Combined Hand/Upper Extremity Fellowship, Boston, MA
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons (ABOS) Diplomate
- Certificate of Added Qualification (CAQ) in Surgery of the Hand/ Sports Medicine
- 2015 – Present Orthopaedic Consultant, United States Olympic Training Center
- 2009-2014 Team Physician United States Air Force Academy Division I Sports
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Society of Military Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Colorado Medical Society