David M. Weinstein, MD
Dr. David Weinstein specializes in sports medicine, knee surgery, and shoulder and elbow disorders. He completed fellowship training at Columbia-New York Orthopaedic Hospital in New York City in shoulder and elbow reconstruction and an additional fellowship overseas in orthopedic trauma. Dr. Weinstein is a graduate of the University of Colorado School of Medicine, where he remained to complete his orthopedic surgery residency.
As associate clinical professor at the University of Colorado Department of Orthopaedic Surgery in Denver, Dr. Weinstein is an avid researcher and passionate educator. He has published numerous papers and given lectures relating to his specialties.
Dr. Weinstein has held many prestigious positions including head physician for the 2003 US Pan American Games team and the 2004 Athens Summer Olympic Games. He was a team physician for the United States at the 2000 Sydney Summer Olympic Games and the 2002 Salt Lake City Winter Olympic Games.
BS: Colorado State University
MD: University of Colorado School of Medicine
Residency: University of Colorado
Fellowship: Shoulder and Elbow Reconstruction, Columbia-New York Orthopaedic Hospital
Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- 1994-Present: Orthopedic Consultant, United States Olympic Training Center, Colorado Springs
- 1994-Present: Medical Staff, USA National Women’s Senior Basketball Team
- 1994-Present: Medical Staff, USA Wrestling
- 1994-Present: Medical Staff, Colorado Springs Sky Sox Triple A Baseball Club
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- American Society of Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons