Dr. Gregg Martyak is a fellowship trained orthopaedic surgeon, board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery (ABOS). He has a Certificate of Added Qualification in Surgery of the Hand. He specializes in the treatment of injuries to the hand and upper extremity of both adult and pediatric patients, including microvascular surgery, complex nerve injuries, traumatic reconstruction, arthroscopy and joint replacement.
Dr. Gregg Martyak is a distinguished graduate of the University of Virginia and Georgetown University. He received his medical degree from Jefferson Medical College and completed his orthopaedic surgery residency at the Rothman Institute/Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia, PA. He followed this with a fellowship in hand and microvascular surgery at the Philadelphia Hand Center.
Dr. Martyak served in the United States Air Force from 2008- 2012 achieving the rank of Lieutenant Colonel. He has extensive experience with combat casualty care with multiple deployments in Iraq and the Middle East. He was a clinical instructor for the combined US Air Force/ US Army combined orthopedic residency program at Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonio, TX. He is an Assistant Professor of Surgery at the Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences in Bethesda, MD. Dr. Gregg Martyak was part of the team to perform the first hand transplantation at a military facility. Dr. Martyak has continued to care for military patients in Colorado Springs since 2012.
- BA: University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA
- MS: Georgetown University, Washington, DC
- MD: Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, PA
- Residency: Rothman Institute/Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA
- Fellowship: Philadelphia Hand Center, Philadelphia, PA
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery (ABOS), Diplomate
- Certificate of Added Qualification (CAQ) in Surgery of the Hand
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Society of Surgery of the Hand
- Society of Military Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Colorado Medical Society
- Colorado Springs Clinical Club
- El Paso County Medical Society
Stephanie is a nurse practitioner who specializes in evaluating and treating patients with upper extremity disorders. She assists Dr. Martyak with surgical procedures including acute fracture and trauma care, joint reconstruction, arthroscopy, and complex nerve procedures.
Stephanie earned her Master’s Degree as a Family Nurse Practitioner from The University of Colorado. Prior to graduate school she worked for 8 years as Neuro-Trauma ICU nurse. She has worked with Dr. Martyak since 2012 and enjoys working with and taking care of her patients. She volunteers seeing patients at an indigent healthcare clinic in Colorado Springs and when she is not working Stephanie enjoys hiking, running, skiing, and traveling.