Geoffrey P. Doner, MD
Dr. Geoffrey Doner is board-certified orthopedic surgeon who specializes in arthroscopy of the hip, shoulder, and knee. He is a proud graduate with distinction from the University of Colorado at Boulder with degrees in Biology and Communication. He went on to graduate from the University of Colorado Medical School, receiving the distinguished William Winters award as the top medical student in the orthopedic department. He then completed his orthopedic residency at the University of New York at Stony Brook. Upon finishing his residency, he then went on to pursue additional sports medicine training. He attended a one-year fellowship at Cincinnati Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Center, during which time Dr. Doner had the opportunity to care for the Cincinnati Bengals Football Team. To further refine his craft, Dr. Doner continued his studies by completing several more months of additional hip arthroscopy training.
After traveling the country, there was nowhere Dr. Doner would rather begin his career than by serving in his own backyard. Since beginning his practice in Colorado Springs in 2013, Dr. Doner has had the distinct honor of serving as the team doctor for the USA Junior Basketball team on two trips and the Colorado Switchbacks FC since 2015. He also gets his fill of the Friday Night Lights by volunteering his time as the team doctor for two local high school football teams.
Being a Colorado native Dr. Doner understands what it means to Coloradoans to be active, and is determined to help his patients attain their goal of being back on the ski slopes, hiking trails, or wherever their active lives are taking them.
- BS: University of Colorado, Boulder, CO
- MD: University of Colorado Medical School, Denver, CO
- Residency: University of New York, Stony Brook, NY
- Fellowship: Cincinnati Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Center, Cincinnati, OH
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Cincinnati Bengals Football Team
- Team Physician USA Junior Basketball Team
- 2015 – Present Team Physician for Colorado Switchbacks FC
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Colorado Medical Society