Foot & Ankle
Fractures and disorders of the feet and ankles can make even the slightest motion excruciatingly painful when you walk, limiting your range of motion and ability to move freely. Fellowship-trained foot and ankle specialist Dr. John Shank at Colorado Center of Orthopaedic Excellence offers nonsurgical and surgical treatments of foot and ankle conditions, utilizing the most innovative and minimally invasive methods possible.
Dr. Shank and our team of orthopedic physicians have helped many patients return to their busy lifestyle without fear of pain or limited mobility. Through reconstructive procedures, arthroscopic and open fusion surgeries, physical therapy, and other procedures, everyone from weekend warriors to college or professional athletes benefits from our comprehensive treatment plans.
Foot and Ankle Conditions and Treatments Include:
- Tibia, ankle, calcaneus, midfoot, forefoot fractures
- Revision treatment of fractures
- Tendon ruptures/lacerations
- Acute lower extremity wounds
- Treatment of all other foot and ankle injuries
- Treatment of ankle arthritis: ankle fusion, ankle replacement
- Flat foot and cavus foot treatment/reconstruction
- Treatment/reconstruction for arthritis in hindfoot, midfoot, forefoot
- Revision ankle replacement, revision reconstruction in foot and ankle
- Treatment of bunion, bunionette deformities, metatarsalgia, hammertoes
- Foot and Ankle Sports Medicine
- Ankle sprain, midfoot sprain
- Treatment of ankle instability, cartilage defects
- Ankle arthroscopy
- Treatment of plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendinitis
- Treatment of all tendinopathies of foot and ankle
- Injections: steroid, viscosupplementation, PRP
We do not treat, warts, calluses, corns, toe fungus perform nail care.
Hundreds of tons of weight are forced onto your feet and ankles daily. If your feet aren’t in peak condition, we can help eliminate your pain whether from a physical deformity, injury, or health condition so you can walk unassisted and pain free. For an appointment, call our Colorado Springs orthopedic office today at (719) 623-1050 or request one online.