Douglas Crowther, DO
Dr. Douglas Crowther is a fellowship-trained orthopedic spine surgeon. He completed his fellowship at The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Dr. Crowther gained extensive surgical experience consisting of level 1 spine trauma, degenerative conditions, complex deformity correction, and spinal tumors. He gained further exposure and focus on sports related spine injuries with the spine surgeons at the Andrews Sports Medicine & Orthopedic Center. His surgical training allows him to utilize the latest minimally invasive techniques, navigated and robotic surgery, and traditional open procedures.
He returned to Colorado in the summer of 2020 to join CCOE, the Colorado Center of Orthopedic Excellence and to expand the practice’s spine expertise. He is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics, the North American Spine Society and AO Spine.
A Colorado native, Dr. Crowther was raised on a Dairy farm in southern Colorado. While his education has taken him across the country, to Brigham Young University for an undergraduate degree and Las Vegas for Medical School to Kansas City for Orthopedic Surgery Residency and Alabama for Spine Fellowship, he’s thrilled to be back at home in Colorado. Dr. Crowther and his wife are the proud parents of five children.
- BS: Brigham Young University, Provo, UT
- DO: Touro University Nevada College of Osteopathic Medicine, Henderson, NV
- Residency: Kansas City University/St. Mary’s Medical Center & North Kansas City Hospital, Kansas City, MO
- Fellowship: University of Alabama at Birmingham, AL
- Missouri Comets (MISL)
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics
- North American Spine Society
- AO Spine