Dr. Ronald Hollis is a board-certified, fellowship-trained orthopaedic surgeon who specializes in sports medicine and the treatment of all shoulder and knee disorders including arthroscopic rotator cuff repairs and shoulder replacement surgery, sports injuries, knee replacement surgery, and fracture care.
Dr. Hollis attended the University of Michigan on a baseball scholarship. He is eternally grateful that his athletic abilities provided him with the means and opportunity to study at a first-rate academic institution and earn his undergraduate degree. Prior to attending medical school at the University of Michigan, Dr. Hollis played three years of professional baseball for the Los Angeles Dodgers and Boston Red Sox organizations.
After attending medical school at the University of Michigan, he completed his orthopaedic residency at the University of Utah and a Shoulder and Elbow fellowship at Washington University in St. Louis.
Dr. Hollis has served as the team physician for both Air Academy and Coronado High schools here in Colorado Springs. He has been privileged to be a part of the Milwaukee Brewers medical staff, serving as head minor league team physician for the Colorado Springs Sky Sox and Rocky Mountain Vibe.
Dr. Hollis loves living in the Colorado Springs community with his wife Marita and four children. In his free time, Dr. Hollis enjoys watching Michigan football and basketball, as well as hiking, running, riding the Peloton, and downhill skiing with his family and friends.
Philosophy of Care
“I believe when a patient and doctor work as a team, this allows the patient to have the best opportunity to achieve their goal of an improved quality of life.” Meeting patients and spending time getting to know them is what Dr. Ronald Hollis enjoys the most about his job. Nothing is more gratifying than treating patients and getting them back to participating in the activities they love.
- BS: Exercise Physiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- MD: University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI
- Residency: Orthopedic Surgery, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT
- Fellowship: Shoulder and Elbow, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- 2015-2018 Team Physician, Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- 2019-2020 Team Physician, Rocky Mountain Vibe
- 2015-2021 Minor League Team Physician, Milwaukee Brewers (MLB)
- 2018-2021 Team Physician, Air Academy High School
- 2013-2021 Team Physician, Coronado High School
- American Academy Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Shoulder & Elbow Society
- El Paso Medical Society
- General Orthopedics
- Shoulder Surgery
- Arthroscopic Surgery
- Shoulder & Knee Specialist
- Sports Medicine
- Shoulder Replacement Surgery
- Knee Replacement Surgery
- Fracture Care
Sara Beauchamp is a board-certified physician assistant that works with Dr. Ronald Hollis. She has over 10 years of orthopedic experience and has completed an orthopedic PA fellowship training program. She graduated with her BS in Biology from Texas A&M University and received her Master of Physician Assistant Studies from the University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio. She also received her Master of Business Administration from the University of Colorado Colorado Springs. Sara and her husband enjoy hiking, running, and enjoying the beautiful Colorado scenery.